[SystemSafety] Fwd: extended deadline for the special issue on the foundations of safety science

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:24:39 +0100

This call concerns the journal Safety Science.

As my recent blog post about TCAS hints, I don't agree with the politics/business model of the publisher Elsevier. Indeed, Elsevier is the main publisher named in the critique of scientific publishing that is now making the rounds internationally (in The Guardian in GB, for example), and this critique is the main reason the British Government has announced a move to open publishing of all HMG-supported science in GB (that is, most of it).

However, others may think differently and may wish to publish their papers. (At 31.50 a shot for reprints, and university libraries like mine not subscribing, and a publisher's agreement that doesn't allow you to put versions on your WWW site, the word "publishing" starts to seem somewhat strained!)

PBL

Dear authors,

we are pleased to announce that the deadline for submitting papers for our special issue on the foundations of safety science is now extended to the end of February 2013. We would like to encourage authors to consider topics relevant for the call that have not been addressed so far in the propositions that we have received:

We would also like to bring to your attention that we are planning a symposium on foundational issues during the SRAE 2013 conference in Trondheim, Norway, in June. We would be very pleased if you were to consider submitting an abstract or a paper to the event. You find the call for abstracts and symposium here: http://www.srae2013.no/doku.php?id=call-for-abstracts

do not hesitate to contact us,
best regards
the guest editors,
Teemu Reiman, Kenneth Pettersen, Jean-christophe Le Coze

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Dec 20 2012 - 15:24:52 CET