Re: [SystemSafety] underground trains without drivers

From: Braband, Jens < >
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:22:47 +0100

Please have a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_driverless_trains

There are much more applications e. g. for full-scale metros including mixed traffic even without platform screen doors....

According to my knowledge the track record is a clean sheet, no accidents as far as I know.

Note: This represents my personal opinion only, not neccessarily that of my employer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Braband

Von: systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 09:49 An: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Betreff: [SystemSafety] underground trains without drivers

Hi there,

what is the current trend on to employ or not to employ drivers on underground trains that would be capable of running automatically, and/or with central control? I guess people usually stick to see a human being in control.

And, is there a track record of accidents of driverless trains?

Gergely Buday

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Jan 24 2013 - 11:22:57 CET