Re: [SystemSafety] underground trains without drivers

From: Inge, James Mr < >
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:27:11 -0000

Gergely,

In the UK, the Rail Accident Investigation Branch investigates train accidents, driverless or otherwise. Their investigation reports are published at http://www.raib.gov.uk/ and I think that there are some overview statistics in their annual reports. A very quick Google of their site picked up two reports of derailments on the Docklands Light Railway, and a number of incidents on the London Underground where the report at least mentions Automatic Train Operation. You would have to read the reports or ask the RAIB directly to discover whether automatic operation was a factor in any of the incidents.

Regards,

            James Inge