[SystemSafety] Two White Papers

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:25:01 +0100

I have just put two short White Papers up on the RVS publications page

White Paper 1, Standards for Standards: Improving the Process proposes three principles that would improve both the technical quality of standards and their effectiveness at disseminating best practice. http://www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/publications/WhitePapers/RVSsfssPrinciples.pdf

White Paper 2, 61508 Weaknesses and Anomalies sets out some (all?) weaknesses of the E/E/PE functional safety standard IEC 61508, along with some immediate prospects for potential improvement of which we know. http://www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/publications/WhitePapers/RVS61508Problems.pdf

We are very grateful for comments!

PBL