Re: [SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: New book

From: Nancy Leveson < >
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:15:00 -0400

My book (over 600 pages) is selling right now on amazon.com for $31 (23 euros or 20 British pounds).

Nancy

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin < ladkin_at_xxxxxx

> On 4/15/13 12:10 PM, jean-louis Boulanger wrote:
>
>> Safety Management of Software-based Equipment
>>
>> Autor : jean-Louis Boulanger
>>

> Thanks!
>
> But the price: 63.50 / 76.20 :-( I don't know any students who would
> afford that.
>
> That is an issue I haven't solved. I was quoted an asking price of 75
> from a major publisher for my
> 2001 book Causal System Analysis, knew none of my students would ever pay,
> so I printed hard-bound
> hard copies privately for the university library and for people who wanted
> them, at a quarter the
> price, and left it on-line.
>
> On other other hand, I don't know how to do that much better. The
> Fukushima book is currently being
> negotiated to cost about 40 (hard copy or electronic).
>
> John Spriggs has a book out on GSN with Springer:
> http://link.springer.com/book/**10.1007/978-1-4471-2312-5/**page/1<http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4471-2312-5/page/1> Felix Redmill reviewed it in a
> recent edition of Safety Systems, and remarked on the steep price.
>
> John Knight does best. His 2012 book http://www.crcpress.com/**
> product/isbn/9781439862551<http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439862551>costs about
> 32 = 37.50
>
> PBL
>
> Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Faculty of Technology, University of
> Bielefeld, 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
> Tel+msg +49 (0)521 880 7319 www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de

Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems
MIT, Room 33-334
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02142

Telephone: 617-258-0505