Re: [SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: New book

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:19:31 +0200

Well, Les, Andrew Odlyzko was claiming the imminent death of traditional academic publishing twenty years ago. I believed it - the argument was so obviously correct.

And the predictions wrong. I ended up with, as I said, "no publications" (although even that by its own criteria was manifestly false). And the traditional academic publishers are making money hand over fist, to the point at which the UK government has stepped in and said "no longer with our taxpayers's money".

PBL Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, University of Bielefeld and Causalis Limited

On 15 Apr 2013, at 21:52, "Les Chambers" <les_at_xxxxxx
> Couldn't agree more Felix.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Mon Apr 15 2013 - 22:19:50 CEST