Re: [SystemSafety] Preliminary Hazard Analysis - Approaches

From: nfr < >
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:37:43 +0000

Consider the title - "Preliminary".
At the preliminary (very early) stage, there is not yet a design - and, very likely, not even a definitive specification - so there is not much on which to base a bottom-up analysis. Doing a top-down analysis at this early stage, based on definable hazardous events, does not preclude one or more bottom-up analyses at a later stage, when there's more on which to base them. And nor does it suggest that other hazardous events will later be identified.