Re: [SystemSafety] Shared-space intersections

From: SPRIGGS, John J < >
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 08:33:56 +0000

I understand that these spaces work by (for example) a pedestrian making eye-contact with a car driver and agreeing who has right-of-way using small movements and gestures. This is not easy when you are blind. How should the visually-impaired be integrated into the shared space?

Even if you were to have a 'seeing eye dog', their movements and gestures would be made in a different social context :o)

John

As usual, these opinions are my own, and not necessarily those of my employers, Customers or clients.