Re: [SystemSafety] Watch out for exploding ticket machines on German Railways!!

From: Robin Cook < >
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 22:44:21 +0100

I think this is one where the clause in the 1996 regs (UK) to avoid putting too many signs on comes into play. You could of course add one about unknown effects from criminal activity.

So - who reviews the criminals risk assessments for change of substance filling the machine from air to explosive gas? Can the court ask to see them? Does a good risk assessment help against a charge of manslaughter? "Milord, my client would like to submit his risk assessment to show that applied his best endeavours to not harming any members of the public or railway staff while or as a result of his crime."

We have the answer in the UK. You have to queue - so someone else will use it first.

Best regards
Robin Cook