Re: [SystemSafety] RE : Drone Airprox Video

From: Ganesh J. Pai < >
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 01:39:10 -0700

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin <ladkin_at_xxxxxx

> 1. There is a rumor that, when the Global Hawk flies in US airspace, it is accompanied constantly by
> chase aircraft.

To my knowledge, if these are operations in civilian airspace, then the FAA does require either observers in chase aircraft or surface based observers as per the national policy document N 8900.207. There is no such requirement when operating in restricted airspace. The military might separately require it, but I have no knowledge of that.

Regards,
Ganesh

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Fri Jun 07 2013 - 10:40:06 CEST