Re: [SystemSafety] Ross Anderson on Consequences of Surveillance

From: Mike Ellims < >
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:40:44 +0100

Good morning,

I'm pretty sure that Ross wouldn't agree with that idea. For starters the records themselves possibly have information on relationships and locations, dates and times. Given that; it probably isn't the most difficult job to work backwards to an ID, especially if you have other sources of information at your disposal e.g. cross matching patent data (e.g. appointment date and time) with location data in phone records.

The following is an interesting read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/21/nsa-surveillance-metadata-c ontent-obama

Cheers.