Re: [SystemSafety] Qualifying SW as "proven in use" [Measuring Software]

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:30:29 +0100

On 27/06/2013 16:10, Steve Tockey wrote:
> I would be willing to bet that if the data used in the Hatton study
> were broken down to the function/method level, a clear correlation
> would be appear.

It should be no surprise to find that software components that are hard to understand have a higher defect density than those that are easier to understand. One issue, then, is how to measure ease of understanding so that it can be imposed by a standard. Appropriate loop invariants, for example, greatly help understanding, and so do (correct) comments ...

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Jun 27 2013 - 18:30:45 CEST