Re: [SystemSafety] The "Real world" [was: Qualifying SW as "proven in use"]

From: RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) < >
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:38:21 +0200

I have been during two years operation manager, and thus number 2 of a company and when I have tried to convince my CEO to stop splilling money while fixing software problems nights and days during plant start-up, he told me: why should we spend money upstream ? We allways did it like that ? If there are bugs it is because your project managers have a problem managing their engineers...

Bertrand RICQUE
Program Manager, Optronics and Defense Division
T +33 (0)1 58 11 96 82
M +33 (0)6 87 47 84 64
23 avenue Carnot
91300 MASSY - FRANCE