Re: [SystemSafety] Airbus automated systems

From: Andrew Rae < >
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:10:28 +0100

Andy,
An old but good reference for explaining the *problems* with automated systems which have precedence:
Bainbridge, L., "The Ironies of Automation" Automatica, Vol. 19, No. 6. pp. 775 779, 1983

My own (more recent, but not nearly as cited) summary of the principles and issues:
Rae, AJ, "The operator or the automation: In Whom should we Place Ultimate Trust?" 3rd IET International Conference on System Safety 2008, January 2008 page 22

I can send you copies of either.

Drew

My system safety podcast: http://disastercast.co.uk My phone number: +44 (0) 7783 446 814
University of York disclaimer:
http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

On 27 August 2013 13:36, Loebl, Andy <loeblas_at_xxxxxx