Re: [SystemSafety] Airbus automated systems

From: Bass,Ellen < >
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 04:43:09 +0000

Were you meaning the collision avoidance decision?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703867704576183004041750590.html

From: systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:37 AM
To: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: [SystemSafety] Airbus automated systems

About two or three years ago I remembered a discussion of Airbus automated flight control systems having precedent over human operator control. the reason I remember this is that it surprised me that there was so much confidence in those systems. If this is true, can someone please give me a reference I can use as a citation for explaining this principle. If automated systems take precedent over human control, if a human operator has to take over, is this more difficult for the intervening operator as a result?

Thanks

andy

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Sep 03 2013 - 09:34:30 CEST