Re: [SystemSafety] Agile methods

From: René Senden < >
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:32:51 +0200

Myriam,

You are right about my initial question being somewhat polarizing, perhaps because I tacitly assumed that anyone who’d answer this question with “Yes”, would also include some

of the corresponding experiences … Regarding experience with reconciliation of agile environments with typical/common/… (software) safety standards, I am very interested in the

development processes and corresponding results/evidence/outputs, all this should be auditable. Is it (at all) possible to harmonize these very different worlds, or would any such

attempt result in compromising either? Transparency, auditability, documentation, and safety specific processes such as analyses are examples that, to me, seem to be particularly

difficult to address in an agile environment, let’s take “scrum” as an example of a popular agile approach.

Rene