Re: [SystemSafety] Agile methods

From: jean-louis Boulanger < >
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 11:48:29 +0200

Just one point ....
yes agile exist, yes it exist white paper and other ... but I am an assessor in railway domain and I participate to many comitee where different domain work on safety
and nobody used the agile method for safety-critical application

and I am not sure that it's relevant .... the objective is the safety and the demonstration of the safety

2013/9/2 Geoffrey Biggs <geoffrey.biggs_at_xxxxxx

> Bruce Douglass (the IBM lead person on their Harmony version of agile) has
> a white paper about the use of Agile analysis in safety-critical software:
>

> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/agile-analysis-practices-safety-critical-development/
>
> I don't know how much practical experience he actually has, but judging
> from his examples in this and other white papers, any he does have is in
> the medical devices domain. Perhaps this might be a useful reference; I'm
> not in a position to judge.
>
> As an aside, I would be interested in hearing the opinions of the experts
> on this list about that article.
>

> Geoff
>

> On 31 August 2013 10:42, René Senden <rene.senden_at_xxxxxx >
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Before I respond to the feedback given thus far.. and any future
>> ones...let
>> me say this..
>>
>> Please assume that I am aware of some basic knowledge (theoretical only)
>> about agile methods, and extensive & practice knowledge of "system safety"
>> in various industries, obviously including
>> software aspects. Also, you may assume that I am an avid follower of
>> relevant publications in our field. As such, I also wish to ask anyone who
>> considers to respond to my question, to read my
>> question before doing so. I am not particularly interested in
>> contributions
>> which question the question at hand. Of course questions submitted to this
>> list lead to debates, and that is fine so feel free,
>> but let it be clear that I will not respond to contributions to this
>> thread
>> which do not address PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE related to the premise I
>> described. Too often questions on this list digress into
>> irrelevant debates, frequently of a misguided philosophical nature.
>>
>> Rene

Mr Jean-louis Boulanger