Re: [SystemSafety] Agile methods

From: GRAZEBROOK, Alvery N < >
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 19:30:46 +0200

What motivates you to ask these questions? Are you faced with developers familiar with Agile who want to continue? or with managers who see the "benefits" of agile wanting to realise them? or some other variation?

If your motivation is to elicit user requirements, you might consider an "agile" development of a model-based specification, followed by a more conventional waterfall implementation.

I have seen a process of this kind followed. The main problem when it comes to implementation is un-picking which parts of the model are true specification, and which parts are over-implementation to get the simulation to work.

Regards

        Alvery

[snip]
> My latest contribution, as a response to Myriam, indeed
> concludes with an additional question… I am not hoping
> for any particular outcome, I don’t know how you got that
> impression…
>
> Personally I am very skeptic about agile methods in this
> context..that being said.. we can’t always chose the
> questions we are faced with…
>
> Rene

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this e-mail. Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately. All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Sep 03 2013 - 19:31:00 CEST