Re: [SystemSafety] Protocols suitable for safe systems

From: David MENTRE < >
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:48:47 +0200

Hello,

2013/9/12 GRAZEBROOK, Alvery N <Alvery.Grazebrook_at_xxxxxx
> In order to discourage a colleague from re-inventing the wheel, I was
> wondering if any of you know of work on communication protocols?
>
> - for event-based communication, possibly Remote-Procedure Call
>
> - on a redundant system
>
> - to be used on a high-integrity system
>
> - where the protocol has a formal specification, and useful properties
> e.g. absence of deadlock, livelock
>
> - The same protocol will need to work on more than one transport layer
> (dissimilarity)

I would start by looking at papers about "Ensemble" system made at Cornell University (USA).

Cornell web page offers some interesting pointers: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/research/systems#ds

Sincerely yours,
david

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Fri Sep 13 2013 - 10:49:26 CEST