Re: [SystemSafety] Which software for very basic FTA?

From: GRAZEBROOK, Alvery N < >
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:47:31 +0200

Just a passing thought, there are a lot of UML tools out there, free and otherwise. UML tools draw nodes with links, and properties on the nodes. They generally have very good editors, and good printing / reporting structures. You might find that mis-using an activity diagram or class diagram in a UML tool would produce an adequate result, which would be easier to maintain structurally than Visio. The tool I use most is Topcased http://www.topcased.org/
although there are lots of them out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UML_tools

Along the same lines of thinking, there is at least one free GSN (Goal Structured Notation) tool out there: http://www.atego.com/download-center/product/atego-gsn-modeler/ and GSN editors do hierarchical trees with properties on the nodes. This would be less of a mis-use than the UML diagram suggestion

Cheers,

        Alvery