Re: [SystemSafety] Hazard and Qualitative-Risk Analysis of Mode 3 Charging of Electric Road Vehicles

From: Rolf Spiker < >
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:39:27 +0000

Hi Peter,

I am able to read that document for 90%. I have no comment on the approach to classify the potential dangers. I know what can going wrong charging batteries. But.....
Charging batteries is an old and still existing event. All the cars are charging their batteries when they drive. I have a boat and most boat owners are charging their batteries if they in a marina. I am an electronic engineer and know a lot of batteries by personal experience and reading literature.

Now we have electric cars with batteries. We have already electric driven forklift trucks and charging equipment for a long time.

Now we make all kind of studies about potential hazards charging batteries in cars.

What is the difference with that car battery and charging equipment that we have to make these studies now?

Is there anything news under the sun?

[cid:image002.png_at_xxxxxx
Functional Safety, Security & Reliability > www.exida.com<http://www.exida.com/> To view our Equipment database with certified elements go to: www.sael-online.com<http://www.sael-online.com/>
[cid:image004.png_at_xxxxxx

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If this message is not addressed to you, please be aware that you have no authorization to read the rest of this e-mail, to copy it or to furnish it to any person other than the addressee. Should you have received this e-mail by mistake, please bring this to the attention of the sender, after which you are kindly requested to destroy the original message. Exida.com cannot be held responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for and/or in connection with any consequences and/or damage resulting from the proper and complete dispatch and receipt of the content of this e-mail.