Re: [SystemSafety] Trevor Kletz

From: SPRIGGS, John J < >
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:43:53 +0000

I was also a presenter at that Symposium and found Trevor inspiring; indeed it was only a few days ago that I used one of the examples from his talk then to illustrate a point. (The people performing periodic maintenance on something that was only there as a mitigation for a hazard, the source of which had been removed some years previously.)

John

From: systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Sent: 13 November 2013 18:31
To: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] Trevor Kletz

Sad news, Trevor Kletz was one of the earliest proponents of the need to address Human Factors adequately in safety analyses. I highly recommend his book:

An Engineer's View of Human Error 3rd ed (2001) IChemE, ISBN 0-85295-430-1<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:BookSources/0852954301>

I had the pleasure of sharing a platform with him at a Safety Critical Systems Symposium in 2002 and his enthusiasm for safety engineering was inspiring.

Carl Sandom
iSys Integrity Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify our Help Desk at Email isproduction_at_xxxxxx immediately. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person.

NATS computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system.

Please note that neither NATS nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses or any losses caused as a result of viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments.

NATS means NATS (En Route) plc (company number: 4129273), NATS (Services) Ltd (company number 4129270), NATSNAV Ltd (company number: 4164590) or NATS Ltd (company number 3155567) or NATS Holdings Ltd (company number 4138218). All companies are registered in England and their registered office is at 4000 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7FL.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Nov 14 2013 - 10:44:07 CET