Re: [SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

From: Dick Selwood < >
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:58:46 +0000

There are no myths about Alfred's burial- it is well documented (Alfred is not Arthur he said condescendingly)

Alfred was buried in the Old Minster in 899, then a few years later was transferred to the New Minster, almost certainly built to serve, in part as a Royal Mausoleum like St Denis in Paris.

In 1110, his body, along with his wife's and his son's was moved to Hyde Abbey.

Hyde Abbey was dissolved by Henry VIII in 1539

The bones may have been scattered in 1788.

I am not terminally un-impressed but I am p---d off with people making a drama out of something that is interesting but adds nothing to the historical record