Re: [SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

From: Carl Sandom < >
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:35:50 +0000

And the contribution of this thread to systems safety is.......?

Best Regards
Carl

Sent: 27 January 2014 12:41
To: Peter Bernard Ladkin; RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) Cc: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

Amateur? I see myself more as a recently fledged professional who happens to need a day job writing about electronics

Felt it would be unfair to point out that it wasn't just Normandy that was part of the lands claimed by the English Crown Half of modern France came under English rule in 1154 with the marriage of Eleanor of Aquitaine to Henry, later Henry II, Their sons included Richard Couer de Lion.

Unfortunately for Anglo-French relationship from then on, others in France disputed this ownership and this lead, indirectly,to the hundred years war and the succession of wars thereafter.

I won't rise to Peter's bait on breakaway service though!

Dick is being amazingly restrained on English Crown history. Quite belies his claim to be an amateur

historian :-) I reminded Bertrand that the Crown of England and of France only gave the latter bit

back in 1802, having been asked politely by Boney. And of lots of other things too, privately. Vive

l'entente cordiale! Which translates into German as a corduroy duck.