Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: John Knight < >
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:02:04 -0500

On 2/15/14, 5:52 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:

> I have started to contact people who are likely to feel similarly about the importance of skills
> with FDLs and in particular with applied logic in informatics as I do. I'd be grateful for any
> material - stories, opinions, observations about curricula, about software engineering practice, and
> so forth - which you may be able to convey.

In the interest of full disclosure, I note that I teach the discrete mathematics course to second-year students at the University of Virginia. The course is required for computer science and computer engineering majors.

In my opinion, the situation is as follows:

How does one integrate discrete mathematics into the undergraduate curricula? Here is the way I do it:

If anybody on this list would like my course materials for educational, non-commercial use, just send me an e-mail.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sat Feb 15 2014 - 16:02:22 CET