Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:47:27 +0000

On 16/02/2014 16:58, John Knight wrote:

> But I note that we have industrial strength systems such as SPARK Ada,
> industrial scope use of such systems such as the NATS iFACTS system,
> and substantial evidence from Peter Amey and his colleagues that
> applying such technology is cheaper and better than the informal
> alternatives.
>
> -- John

It's good to see the late, great Peter Amey's name appear in this thread. Here are some of his papers:
http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~air/rmse/c_by_c_better_cheaper.pdf
http://www.altran.co.uk/fileadmin/medias/0.commons/documents/Whitepapers/Logic_versus_magic.pdf
http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~air/rmse/Industrial_strength.pdf
http://www.bowdoin.edu/~allen/courses/cs260/readings/amey.pdf

The Tokeneer project for the NSA is also essential evidence:

http://www.adacore.com/sparkpro/tokeneer

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Mon Feb 17 2014 - 11:47:36 CET