Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:18:50 +0000

On 16/02/2014 17:18, Philip Koopman wrote:
> From what I've seen our students act the same way. It is all about
> getting the code written, "tested," and slipped past the grading
> gatekeeper, however messy that process is. Essentially no thought or
> value is placed on avoiding defects in the first place. This approach
> appears to have been trained into them in intro programming courses.

I would be interested to know whether the academics on this list use formal methods to design the programs that they write for themselves. If not, maybe their students get the message that these methods are for other people, but that experts ignore them.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Mon Feb 17 2014 - 12:19:02 CET