Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:55:08 +0100

Derek,

On 2014-02-18 15:36 , Derek M Jones wrote:
> Formal logic is all well and good for small systems but it does
> not scale. I think you should explain this important issue to
> your students.

Sorry, I think that's nonsense. So I won't be explaining it to any students (except as an example of nonsense).

The Praxis/Altran publications referenced by Martyn, including the Tokeneer work, are some of the evidence as to why it's nonsense. Others are referenced in the paper (see comments on requirements consistency checking. Michael Jackson references papers by Mats Heimdahl and David Harel with pertinent examples in aerospace critical systems).

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Feb 18 2014 - 15:55:17 CET