Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:37:50 +0000

On 18/02/2014 16:10, Derek M Jones wrote:
> Having a few bodies in a corner office working on formal methods
> is small scale, just because they are part of a large project does
> not make the use large scale.

Derek

I agree - but why do you assume that such was the case?

Please define what you would consider to be large enough. Please tell me what you would regard as /just/ big enough to be a counterexample to your statement that

The practical usefulness of formal logic for anything but the smallest problem is wildly overblown in computer science

and I'll see whether I can give you a specific case that fits.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Feb 18 2014 - 17:38:15 CET