Re: [SystemSafety] Claims for formal methods

From: Heath Raftery < >
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 10:08:06 +1100

On 19/02/2014 11:40 PM, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:
> On 2014-02-19 11:59 , Derek M Jones wrote:
>> Martyn,
>>
>>> Now you seem to be abusing an entire community of researchers and
>>> engineers. Are you unable to put forward your beliefs more professionally?
>>
>> I gave a succinct summary of my views.
>
> Sigh.
>
> No matter their views, I would ask people please to think twice about phrasing them in such a way
> that others could interpret as potentially actionable.
>
> This is a publicly-archived list. There are at least two authorities who can shut it down in a
> moment without any further consideration of content or purpose, should anyone complain to them,
> namely the provider of the host equipment and the legal entity to which it belongs. I don't think
> anybody here wants that.
>
> Just to let everyone know, we shall remove what I consider questionable words from the archived copy
> of Derek's post.
>
> PBL
That would be a real blight on the impartiality of this list. You're entitled to censor the service as you wish, but removing criticism of the establishment would represent a dramatic drop in the integrity I perceive this resource to present.

I'm not going to put up any fight, but wanted to offer a different viewpoint to your own.

Heath

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Feb 20 2014 - 00:08:24 CET