Re: [SystemSafety] Logic

From: Steve Tockey < >
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:02:07 +0000

If you can find a way to scratch your way through all of the hype, there's actually a lot of sanity in "agile the way it's defined and is really intended to be used". Particularly when combined with other good practices like "velocity based iteration planning", "test driven development", "definition of done", and so on. But note that agile-as-defined and all of these good practices are really just "discipline" in one form or another. I blame all those undisciplined "highly paid amateurs" (again) for completely bastardizing the message and mis-using the "agile" banner as just another excuse to hack.

For what it's worth, I'm not an agile zealot. In fact, people often accuse me of being an anti-agile zealot. I'm not that either. It's simply that agile-as-intended is a great fit in some situations and other approaches (like waterfall) are a great fit in others. The right tool for the right job, really. It just takes intelligence to know when to use one tool vs. another. And it takes discipline to use the tool the way it's supposed to be used.