Re: [SystemSafety] Static Analysis

From: Mike Rothon < >
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:25:01 +0000

> It`'s hard to believe. Does stuff like this happen in the safety-critical area to leading companies still?

I appreciate that these may not be because of a lack of static analysis, but this caught my eye a little while back:

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240207488/US-researchers-find-25-security-vulnerabilities-in-SCADA-systems

And it was interesting to see this mentioned in the Graham Cluley blog linked from The Guardian article.

ReVuln's website declares that it can provide details of undisclosed and unpatched vulnerabilities in SCADA/HMI/ICS systems. These are the types of industrial control systems which are used by critical infrastructure such as water treatment, power stations and gas pipelines.

Mike

*Mike Rothon* M::+44 7718 209010 mike.rothon_at_xxxxxx *Certisa* is ISO 9001:2008 certified for Safety, Testing, Documentation and Certification
*Contact:* T::+44 1932 889 442 F::+44 1932 918 118 www.certisa.com <http://www.certisa.com/>

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Feb 26 2014 - 12:25:13 CET