Re: [SystemSafety] Static Analysis

From: Derek M Jones < >
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 00:59:31 +0000

Les,

> a testimony to a US Congress oversight committee on security vulnerabilities
> in the Obama care system: healthcare.gov. It makes you weep.

Weep because it contains so much nonsense that people might take seriously?

500 million lines of code?

Ok, so they added up the source of Linux say 50 Million, Microsoft Windows was 40 Million last time I heard but lets say another 50 Million.

Then there are all the BSD variants, but they are not large, say 20 Million all in. They probably have some Solaris, Oracle (no idea how much code is in that), plus all the IBM stuff. Let's say another 150 Million.

Well that gets us half way to 500 Million

> Crowd Sourced Investigations LLC, Testimony of Morgan Wright, CEO, Before
> the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology,

"We are a no-cost resource for federal, state and local law enforcement that uses the power of social media and crowdsourcing to solve
crime, return the missing and protect our children."

I'm sure they are very good at this. They need to take a take a few classes before saying anything too technical about software.

> http://www.projectauditors.com/Papers/Troubled_Projects/HHRG-113-SY-WState-M
> Wright-20131119.pdf

Derek M. Jones                  tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd          blog:shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com
Software analysis               http://www.knosof.co.uk