[SystemSafety] ITU's proposal for real-time flight data transmission

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:48:03 +0200

The ITU is having its four-yearly convention. They opened by announcing an initiative to enable continuous real-time flight-data transmission from commercial transport aircraft in flight.

I don't know why people are banging on about this. I don't think it makes much sense. But apparently some, even many, people do. It apparently didn't occur to people at the ITU meeting that none of them know the first thing about aviation safety and that it might be a good idea if they found out a little about it before making major pronouncements.

http://www.abnormaldistribution.org/2014/04/10/don-hudson-and-pbl-on-the-itus-proposal-for-real-time-flight-data-transmission/

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Apr 10 2014 - 15:48:15 CEST