Re: [SystemSafety] OpenSSL Bug

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:25:50 +0100

Does anyone know of any empirical studies showing the benefits of not riding a bicycle round Hyde Park Corner with your hands in your pockets?

If there aren't any, would that be a good reason to avoid criticising my children if I see them doing this?

It seems to me that the burden of proof lies on the people who want to argue that such practices are safe.

Martyn

On 10/04/2014 20:06, Derek M Jones wrote:
> Incidentally there is almost no empirical evidence for the benefits
> of using a language having stronger typing. There are a few studies
> using students on really small problems. Pointers to good studies
> welcome.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Apr 10 2014 - 22:26:04 CEST