Re: [SystemSafety] FMEA draft international standard

From: Matthew Squair < >
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 20:58:16 +1000

And another thing.

There's already standards released and available for FMEA, see the SAE's J standard, and the venerable MIL-STD-1629. So why do we need another? Before we go gaily skipping down the primrose path of generating another  standard, perhaps someone could state clearly why these are inadequate and clearly define what the hoped for improvement is?

I haven't seen pictures in the news of crowds of angry RAM engineers besieging their local standards organisations, angrily waving FMEA reports in the air and demanding action to include 'C' into the acronym.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655
Email; Mattsquair_at_xxxxxx
Web: http://criticaluncertainties.com

On 16 Jul 2014, at 8:45 pm, Rob Alexander <rob.alexander_at_xxxxxx

Hi Drew, all,