[SystemSafety] Fwd: Engineering a Safer World (ESW2014) - Call for Participation

From: Nancy Leveson < >
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:08:59 -0500

FYI. Nancy

Dear Nancy,

thanks again for serving in the PC of the Second European STAMP Workshop! We are very happy with our workshop programme and are looking forward to the event. You can find all details at:
http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html

As PC members, please consider also attending the workshop. We would be very happy to have you here. Also we would like to ask you to forward this call for participation to your network of people interested in safety.

Best regards,
Eckehard Schnieder and Stefan Wagner

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION Second European STAMP Workshop (ESW 2014) co-located with INFORMATIK 2014
22.-23. September 2014, Stuttgart, Germany

http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html

The European workshop series on STAMP and related techniques is a forum for practitioners as well as researchers interested in system safety with a focus on approaches based on system theory, in particular STAMP. We have an attractive two-day programme starting with an introduction to STAMP, STPA and CAST by Nancy Leveson (MIT). For advanced users, we will have separate tutorials and discussion forums, for example on STAMP in the automotive domain or STAMP for security analysis. We will have 11 presentations from international experts on their experiences and advances in applying STAMP-related techniques. Furthermore, we will have plenty of room for break-out groups and discussion to exchange ideas and start collaborations. The whole programme can be found here:
http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html

If you register for both workshop days, you get the rest of the conference week for free! The INFORMATIK is the biggest German computer science conference. A lot of the sessions will be in German but there are also other international workshops. Especially if you understand German, there will be plenty of interesting talks especially around the area of big data which is the theme of the conference. On Wednesday we will have distinguished speakers such as Manfred Broy (TU Munich), Gerhard Weikum (Max-Planck Institute for Informatics) and Karl-Heinz Streibich (CEO, Software AG). All details on the conference are here: http://www.informatik2014.de

The early bird registration fees are still available until 1 August. For registering please visit:
http://www.informatik2014.de/registration_en.html

--
Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems

Telephone: 617-258-0505
Email: leveson_at_xxxxxx