Re: [SystemSafety] Google lobbies to test self-driving cars in Matrix-style virtual world

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:27:52 +0100

Interesting. I wonder if the simulation contains people deliberately spoofing the GPS or the laser guidance.

It would also be interesting to hear what Google has discovered about the safety of the Californian road network. It their simulation is realistic, I would expect them to have identified some real-life hazards that the road engineers could eliminate, and to have some statistical data on the injuries that would be saved.

Martyn