Re: [SystemSafety] Columbia Risk Assessment

From: Nancy Leveson < >
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 11:56:35 -0400

It is not a document. "37" was the number of the hazard in the Shuttle Hazard Log. There is no way NASA is going to give anyone all their hazard logs and database information.

Nancy

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Andrew Rae <andrew.rae_at_xxxxxx

> Hi Folks,
> A very specific question about the Columbia STS-107 accident.
>
> The main risk assessment for the shuttle foam / Thermal Protection System
> debris impact issue prior to
> STS-107 appears to be a document called "Integration Hazard Report 37".
>
> Despite (or maybe because of) the depth of material released about the
> shuttle pre-launch approval and post-mission reviews, I am really
> struggling to
> find the actual document.
>
> Have any of you who have researched or written about Columbia managed to
> find a copy?
>
> Regards,
> Drew
>
> My system safety podcast: http://disastercast.co.uk
> My phone number: +44 (0) 7783 446 814
> University of York disclaimer:
> http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems
MIT, Room 33-334
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02142

Telephone: 617-258-0505