[SystemSafety] Children as a causal factor in major accidents

From: DREW Rae < >
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 09:43:21 +0100

Hi folks,
I've had an interesting request for a DisasterCast episode focussing on children and major accidents.
  1. Can anyone suggest a major accident where the presence or behavior of children have been a causal factor? I'm looking specifically for where they increased or determined the likelihood of the accident, not just accidents with large numbers of children.
  2. Can anyone suggest (in public-domain terms) ways children have had to be treated as a special case in safety analysis? Off the top of my head I can think of children as a special group in population dose-response modelling for chemical releases, and the debate about child restraints in aircraft.

[Didn't want to send a separate email to the whole list, but a public thank you to John and Nancy for help with my last request re Columbia].

Drew

My safety podcast: disastercast.co.uk
My mobile (until October 2nd): +44 7783 446 814 My mobile (from October 6th): 0450 161 361

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Oct 01 2014 - 14:38:20 CEST