Re: [SystemSafety] Fwd: Safety of vulnerable road users: UK

From: Nancy Leveson < >
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 04:36:50 -0500

Peter Ladkin wrote:
>>Unless you take an interest in primary-school-age kids and road safety in
a Northern-European road environment, as I do, I agree this tidbit is unlikely to be interesting.

So you are suggesting that those who reject bogus, unscientific surveys that are biased in what they ask so that they get the answers they want to hear are heartless people who do not care about children's safety?

I think it is time for me to get off this list. There is too little useful and correct information about system safety. Please remove me.

Nancy

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin < ladkin_at_xxxxxx

> I didn't expect anyone to take those numbers at face value. Live and learn!
>
> What the numbers mean, for those to whom it is not evident, is that almost
> half the children asked
> thought they could remember a time when they were afraid they were in
> conflict with a car and in
> danger of getting hit.
>
> Unless you take an interest in primary-school-age kids and road safety in
> a Northern-European road
> environment, as I do, I agree this tidbit is unlikely to be interesting.
> (Yes, I did notice this is
> a tautology :-) )
>
> PBL
>
> Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Faculty of Technology, University of
> Bielefeld, 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
> Tel+msg +49 (0)521 880 7319 www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de

Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems
MIT, Room 33-334
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02142

Telephone: 617-258-0505