Re: [SystemSafety] Fwd: Safety of vulnerable road users: UK

From: RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) < >
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:03:46 +0100

This is right, but strictly professional discussions seem to me a bit austere and I appreciate, in a moderate volume, considerations and digressions that build ties and friendship between individuals sharing common concerns. After all we are humans only, should not take ourselves and our jobs too seriously. Its maybe more professional to keep some distance with our profession.

Bertrand Ricque
Program Manager
Optronics and Defence Division
Sights Program
Mob : +33 6 87 47 84 64
Tel : +33 1 58 11 96 82
Bertrand.ricque_at_xxxxxx

From: Nancy Leveson [mailto:leveson.nancy8_at_xxxxxx Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:59 AM To: RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) Cc: Peter Bernard Ladkin; systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] Fwd: Safety of vulnerable road users: UK

Bertrand,
Thank you for your kind words. I would be happy to host a list that is more limited in its focus. But this one seems to get beyond engineering and into things that are just too irrelevant to me. I don't design bicycle helmets (and I doubt anyone on the list does) and discussions about what language is used in technical papers also seems out of the scope. I have not seen any posts for a very long time that actually dealt with system safety engineering. Nancy

It would be a pity Nancy. Your (too rare) contributions are highly valuated and often discussed in our (French) workgroups.