[SystemSafety] Practical Statistical Evaluation of Critical Software

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 18:06:39 +0100

Folks,

As I mentioned last week, Bev Littlewood and I have been writing a short practical guide to statistical evaluation of software with high-reliability requirements. It has been apparent to us for a while that IEC 61508-7 Annex D is an insufficient and in some respects misleading guide to the statistical evaluation of critical software, and it's been there in the standard by now for 18 years. Time to fix that. This is the material we think should go into a revision.

It's available at http://www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/publications/Papers/LadLitt20150301.pdf and has also been submitted for publication.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sun Mar 01 2015 - 18:06:49 CET