Re: [SystemSafety] Fault, Failure and Reliability Again (short)

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 15:32:21 +0000

And how are you going to show "extremely improbable" for the digital hardware? Testing seems impractical, if you want (say) 99% confidence. "Proven in use"? Show me the evidence of enough use in the relevant operating environment.

Shouldn't standards only contain requirements that can be met with scientifically valid evidence that can be independently verified?

> Suppose you have a piece of kit whose behavior can result in a failure condition (which would
> prevent..../ catastrophic), and this kit is digital

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Mar 04 2015 - 16:32:29 CET