Re: [SystemSafety] Degraded software performance [diverged from Fault, Failure and Reliability Again]

From: Michael J. Pont < >
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 06:31:56 -0000

"It's clear to me that the phenomena (maybe not all of them, but at least some) do occur/have occurred and anyone preserving critical software for any length of time should take them into account; devise detection and prophylaxis mechanisms and so on. Sort of like hardware, really."

The phenomena listed by Drew are - of course - real (even if I disagree with the "software" label).

Dare I suggest that some on this list might like to look at some of the features of a modern microcontroller, such as a device from the TMS570 family? These have been designed to address many of the issues that have been raised here in the last couple of days.

Michael.

Michael J. Pont
SafeTTy Systems Ltd.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Thu Mar 05 2015 - 07:32:10 CET