Re: [SystemSafety] Software reliability (or whatever you would prefer to call it)

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:46:57 +0100

On 2015-03-06 11:37 , Nick Tudor wrote:
> The beta testing does not find any errors....according to your example, it must be 100% reliable.

We may not conclude, by anyone's reasoning, that the software is 100% reliable. We may conclude that the software is 100% reliable *to some level of confidence*, or 90% reliable *to some higher level of confidence*. All being subject to whatever "X% reliable" means - Martyn did not use that term to describe his example, and neither would I.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Fri Mar 06 2015 - 11:47:03 CET