Re: [SystemSafety] Software reliability (or whatever you would prefer to call it)

From: David Ward < >
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:02:37 +0000

Michael's proposal is very similar to the approach contained in ISO 26262 Part 8 Clause 12 "Qualification of software components".

To grossly simplify, it requires generation of confidence through black-box testing (including considering abnormal cases as well as testing against requirements) but for ASIL D evidence of structural coverage is also required.

David Ward (Dr)
Head of Functional Safety
MIRA Ltd