Re: [SystemSafety] Software reliability (or whatever you would prefer to call it)

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:16:47 +0000

My train service is unreliable - not because it degrades physically (though it does) but because the drivers don't show up when needed ... (Maybe they have degraded physically too, but I blame late nights watching football).

Let's not try to redefine "reliability". Let's characterise the properties that we are discussing and choose some names that we agree to use for them (without overloading terms that have other, accepted meanings).

Martyn

On 10/03/2015 10:34, C. Michael Holloway wrote:
> I can't speak for Nick, but I object to the use of the term
> "reliability" being applied to anything other than failures (using the
> term loosely) resulting from physical degradation over time.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Mar 10 2015 - 13:16:53 CET