Re: [SystemSafety] Stupid Software Errors [was: Overflow......]

From: Michael J. Pont < >
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 13:49:26 +0100

Matthew:

β€œOn the other hand I don't think we should loose sight of the fact that the Boeing 'bug' was found by running a long duration simulation, not by an airliner falling out of the sky. So perhaps thanks is due to the Boeing safety or software engineer(s) who insisted on a long run endurance test and who might have actually learned something from history?”

OK – but maybe next time we can ask them to do this testing before the aircraft goes into service …

Michael.

Michael J. Pont

SafeTTy Systems Ltd.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Mon May 04 2015 - 14:49:32 CEST