Re: [SystemSafety] The Patriot Missile Failure (was Re: systemsafety Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5)

From: Brent Kimberley < >
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 21:54:31 +0000 (UTC)

Perhaps, some systems don't fully monitor / supervise / detect / prevent / control / ... aliasing?

     On Saturday, May 9, 2015 7:08 PM, Matthew Squair <mattsquair_at_xxxxxx

 Reading back my last response, I'd add that a simple counter was probably deemed an 'OK' solution for a mobile application as you would expect it to be shut down every couple of days. Of course that was not how the system was used in practice... Matthew Squair
MIEAust, CPEngMob: +61 488770655Email; Mattsquair_at_xxxxxx On 6 May 2015, at 6:47 pm, Martyn Thomas <martyn_at_xxxxxx

 Thanks, Matthew

 You show that the RGA is a function of time, but do not explain why "time" has to be the elapsed time since the system was started, rather than (say) gps time, or time since the start of the current radar scan, or ...

 Do you know the answer?

 Martyn